Wednesday 26 September 2012

Dear FutureMe:

How are you? Or should I say “How am I”? This thing puzzles me. I’m supposed to be writing to whoever I will be in 8 year’s time! Funny, isn’t it? 

To start with, let’s talk about your studies. What did you finally do? I hope you chose the right degree and you're not as mixed up as you were when you were 17 (that is, as mixed up as I currently am!). Now you are 25, so you should have finished your studies and be working. I hope you’re happy with whatever you’re doing. 

By the way, are you still inside the literary world? I expect you to continue with your literature blog. And I hope you’ve been able to assist to lots of literary events. Now, tell me: you’ve finished that book, right? Have you written more novels? And have you managed to publish any? I really wish you have. 

Last but not least, let’s talk about love. Have you found that special person? I hope you have. I don’t expect him to be the perfect boy with whom you’ll spend the rest of your life, but I do hope you’re happy with him and you love each other. That’s all that matters. 

So, this is it. I won’t ask you where you’re living or what you’ve done for the last eight years. I just hope you’re happy and you’re yourself. Don’t change, unless you want to.

Best wishes,
You  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ane, such a great writing! i liked it so much. You express very well your ideas and all are very clear and linked.
    By the way, I'm sure you'll be a well-known writter and I hope you reach all your dreams. :)

    ReplyDelete